LOCATION: The venue for the 2020 Honor-Shame Conference is Wheaton College—about 30 minutes west of Chicago.
- Plenary sessions will be held in Coray Alumni Gymnasium, adjacent to the Todd M. Beamer Student Center.
- Workshops will be housed in the Meyer Science Building nearby.
REGISTRATION COST—INCLUDES FOOD & LODGING: The cost of the conference—including conference materials, access to all plenary sessions and workshops, lodging in Wheaton’s student housing (private rooms), meals and snacks—is as follows:
- First 75 tickets: $339
- Tickets 76–150: $359
- Tickets 151–225: $379
- Tickets: 226–350: $399
ARRIVE ONE DAY EARLY OPTION—Additional $76.85: You can stay one night before the conference begins in Wheaton College Student Housing (private room). Includes breakfast and lunch on Monday June 8 in the cafeteria.
GROUP DISCOUNT: Register with 5 persons and the 6th person is free. Here’s how to get the discount:
- Register at least six people at the registration page. Your group of six doesn’t have to be from the same organization—they can be colleagues, teammates, friends, etc.
- Someone from your group writes to firstname.lastname@example.org (Brian Eggleston at Mission ONE), and makes the request for the refund.
- Brian will process the refund.
- Spouse lodging discount—save $10 per person/$20 per couple.
- Commuter discount—save $75. A limited number of commuter registrations are available for people who commute from the Chicago area, or who prefer to stay in a local hotel.
- Student discount—save $25. A limited number of student registrations are available.
- Wheaton student dorm: Registration includes single-occupancy, student dorm lodging (including towels and linens) in one of the Wheaton dorm buildings. Note: this means sharing a bathroom with one other room.
- Local hotel: Some may prefer to stay at a local hotel, even thought it may cost a lot more. Here are two nearby options:
TRAVEL: Conference participants can fly into Chicago through two airports.
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport / Airport code: ORD. (This airport is closer to Wheaton than Midway Airport.)
- Chicago Midway Airport / Airport code: MDW
- Both O’Hare and Midway airports allow Uber or Lyft drivers to pick up passengers at the airport.
The Honor-Shame Conference is not a function of Wheaton College.
Banner image by Nikolay Guenov. Used by permission. http://travel.china-finds.com